Nishaka Proctor is the Executive Creative of Weddings & Events for Events By Nishaka located in Greensboro, North Carolina. She is a native of Anniston, Alabama and Nishaka graduated from North Carolina A&T State University with a B.S. in Business Administration. Aggie Pride!
Prior to establishing Events By Nishaka, she was employed as an Area Sales Manager with General Electric’s Commercial Appliance Division working with residential building contractors. During her college years and into her corporate profession, her primary roles and responsibilities were project management and administration. Nishaka would assist with organizing events from the GE Recruiting Team to family and friends to help with Weddings and Celebrations. While working for GE, Nishaka realized her professional passion was elsewhere.
Her “ah-ha” moment occurred upon hearing an inspirational message from her Pastor Otis Lockett Sr. where he asked the question; “What is it that you do so well you would do it for free?”
Nishaka acknowledged this charge as her confirmation to pursue her passion for event planning. In 2007, she devoted 100% of her time, professional, and creative passion to delivering events with excellence!
Nishaka’s personal philosophy: “Passion is the key to purpose and Living purposely brings joy and peace.”
Professional Certifications & Community Recognition
Nishaka is actively involved in the professional and civic community of the Triad, NC; her awards, designations and affiliations include:
- Certified Professional Bridal Consultant
- Certified Event Designer – T.Productions Event Design
- Six-Sigma Greenbelt Certified
- 2012 Sweetheart of the Triad Nominee
- 2010 & 2011 Triad Business Journal: Top 25 Minority-Owned Business
- 2010 & 2011 Greensboro Chamber of Commerce Nominee: Small Business Person of the Year
- 2011 2x Nominee: Women in Business Award & Minority-Small Business Person of the Year
- Queen’s Foundation, Triad Community Relations Chair
- Member of Greensboro Chamber of Commerce; (Previous) Greensboro Chamber Ambassador
- Professional Women’s Network of Greensboro: President (2013-2014); Vice President (2012-2013); Public Relations Chair (2011-2012)
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Clubs of Greensboro: Advisory Council Member & Gala Chair
- Wish Upon a Wedding North Carolina Board Secretary (Feb 2013-Feb-2014)
- Wharton Gladden Power of One Fund Co-Chair (Previous)
- Evangel Word Ministries: 10 + year member & Previous Events Coordinator for 3 Years
- Triad Christian Center: Previous Chief Events Coordinator