It’s been wonderful following instagram and facebook post of new engagements for 2014! From close friends, family, and colleagues, to the celebrities we love to watch and follow, love is truly in the air!
After all the congrats, well wishes, and excitement, each newly engaged couple will be faced with the same question of thought … “Now What?” Well, like my Pastor would begin…Here are 5 Things… 🙂 I do want to share 5 Action Steps you can take to answer the now what question!
- Embrace Your Engagement – Take a moment or even take the next day to really embrace what just happened. You are not only getting ready to plan a wedding, but you are preparing for a marriage. A lifetime commitment to one another. Keeping the main thing the main thing during the planning process will help you keep it all in perspective.
- Set a Date – Discuss when you would like to have your wedding. Keep in consideration that you need to have enough time to plan for your special day. Give yourself at least 6 months to plan at a minimum. Side note…If you already know the venue you want for the wedding, it’s nothing wrong with calling to see if the date selected is open.
- Yes, set a Budget! This is really important. Discussing how much are able to spend on your wedding will drive several decisions in the wedding planning process. It will impact areas like where you can host it, how many guest you can invite, your menu, and so much more.
- Have a little fun and think about your Color Theme and even Style Theme That’s always fun to do. Start dreaming and envisioning how your colors can work together, the style preference for your bridesmaids dresses, and even table designs. We all love Pinterest, but remember to utilize the tool for inspiration and not duplication! Your Wedding Planner can help you with this!
- Hire a Professional Wedding Planner! : ) This person can be one of the most important elements needed during your planning process. Whether you need a “Professional” Planner to point you in the right direction, help you with the entire wedding, or just coordination a month prior to the wedding, she or he can help you find the vendor resources needed much quickly, provide great wisdom/advise, and just be the peace of mind you need to get it all done! For more details on the benefits of having a wedding planner, click the link to read further! http://www.eventsbynishaka.com/what-is-a-wedding-planner-and-do-i-need-one/
Congrat’s to all the 2014 Newly Engagement Couples!
Events By Nishaka