As 2017 is fast approaching, I’m already starting to see some interesting trends that’s on her mind for the new year! Referring to my current Brides I’m working with for 2017. I wanted to share a couple fun elements that I already see continuing and more that will evolve. These are just a few to get started and of course more will emerge in the coming weeks and months!
Also, the new pantone color for 2017 has been posted and it’s “Greenery.” Very interesting! Looking forward to seeing how that color will impact the wedding industry in the new year! Well, here you go with a couple trends in motion!
- Color Trends: Blush, Navy with the Metallic colors such as Rose Gold and Gold.
- The Wedding Dress! The style of the dress continues to be an element that adds inspiration to wedding including the second dress for the Reception!
- The Sweetheart and Cake Table continues with accents of metallic colors and specialty linens.
- Couples are wanting to add the Family / Feast Style tables to the layout as special seating for the Wedding Party or close Family.
- Brides are continuing to want to find ways to add elements of bling to the wedding It could be the cake topper or stand, vases, etc. Adding elements of sparkle as accents.
- Brides are searching for unique venues that compliment their wedding style and theme.
- Brides continue to look for venues that have multiple spaces that can emcompass a smooth flow from the ceremony room, to the cocktail area, to the reception.
- More request for His and Hers Signature Drinks in their wedding colors.
- Providing Late Night Snacks especially when the libations is open through out the night. : )
The After Party after the Party:
- Couples are planning a special party after the formal reception. It’s an after party for their close friends and family to party a little longer into the night. These after parties are either hosted at the same location or at an offsite location. (This points back to how I’ve seen the late night snacks come in to play!)
- More couples want to have a really good time! I keep hearing…I just want to get to the party. Side note: It’s critical to not only hire the right DJ, but also work with the DJ to build a great playlist to have the fun party you desire.
Swoon Worthy Florals:
- Wow Factor Tall Lush and Lavish Large Arrangements.
- More interest in the gorgeous Floral Runners, however they can be very costly.
- Still a love for the Peonies, Hydrangeas, and Garden Roses.
- The romance of the candles will be an element I see around for years to come!
- More requests for metallic style invitations. Brides are loving the sparkle magic.
Candy Buffets & Candy Apples:
- Whether it’s a wedding or birthday party, I’m seeing this fun trend continued as a great gift to their guests through candy buffets, candy bags, and candy apples!
- Definitely seeing Brides strategically hire their photographers much quickly than ever before. They are seeking out the best and creative photographers in the industry who can capature the magic of the day!
- Videography is interesting. It’s still either a yes I would like to have it or a we will think about it when we get closer. I must admit personally, I have seen some of the funniest things happen at a wedding that only a video can capture. Just a thought!
Make up & Hair:
- More Brides are booking their favorite make up artist and personal hair stylist pretty early to ensure they have them and their team blocked for the day to not only service them, but also their Bridesmaids and even the Mother of the Bride & Mother of the Groom. They are making sure that the entire Squad is picture ready! : )
Well, these are a couple observations I’m seeing or continuing to see into 2017. There will be more trends shared across the wedding world and I’m looking forward to seeing how amazing and beautiful this magical new year will be for our Wedding Clients in 2017!
Love & Light!